Outliner Software Forum RSS Feed Forum Posts Feed

Subscribe by Email

CRIMP Defined

 

MyPersonalProductivity

 

Your System - Functions and Apps That Fulfill Them

< Next Topic | Back to topic list | Previous Topic >

Pages:  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >  Last ›

Posted by Stephen Zeoli
Feb 7, 2019 at 07:02 PM

 

I am curious. Does anyone use a ReMarkable Tablet in their workflow?

 


Posted by Jeffery Smith
Feb 7, 2019 at 08:19 PM

 

I am also curious. The surface is reportedly more paper-like, but some of the reviews of it by users are unflattering. I eventually just got an iPad Pro so I could take advantage of the handwriting recognition apps. There is a German-made paper-like screen cover, but it is virtually impossible to attach without trapping particulate matter between the screen and cover.

Stephen Zeoli wrote:
I am curious. Does anyone use a ReMarkable Tablet in their workflow?

 


Posted by Beck
Feb 7, 2019 at 08:51 PM

 

Jeffery Smith wrote:
>There is a German-made paper-like screen cover, but it is virtually
>impossible to attach without trapping particulate matter between the
>screen and cover.

Jeffrey, I think we shop at the same online outfitters. :) I agree w/your assessment of the Paperlike. I’ve attached my second one and it was even bumpier than the first. And the Freewrite has basically been a disappointment to me. It’s pretty and fairly fun to type on though I find the wrist position hard to sustain. It’s best in my lap.

The software is buggy and the battery is pitiful. I hold out hope that a software update will one day redeem it, but since they’ve moved onto a new product, that’s probably unrealistic thinking at this point.

 


Posted by Jeffery Smith
Feb 7, 2019 at 09:58 PM

 

The Freewrite Traveler crowd funding was insanely successful, and I’m hoping that all of the money will be used to improve the battery and software. My first Freewrite died within a day of using it (software problems), so I had to return it for another. Like many Chinese-made products these days, the quality control is lacking. My first choice was a KINGJIM Pomera, which appear to be sold in Japan only. I ordered one from ebay only to be told that the item had already been sold. The fellow in Japan continued to advertise the same machine, accepting orders when he apparently didn’t have any stock. I did get my money back.

Beck wrote:
Jeffery Smith wrote:
>>There is a German-made paper-like screen cover, but it is virtually
>>impossible to attach without trapping particulate matter between the
>>screen and cover.
> >Jeffrey, I think we shop at the same online outfitters. :) I agree
>w/your assessment of the Paperlike. I’ve attached my second one and it
>was even bumpier than the first. And the Freewrite has basically been a
>disappointment to me. It’s pretty and fairly fun to type on though I
>find the wrist position hard to sustain. It’s best in my lap.
> >The software is buggy and the battery is pitiful. I hold out hope that a
>software update will one day redeem it, but since they’ve moved onto a
>new product, that’s probably unrealistic thinking at this point.
>

 


Posted by Paul Korm
Feb 8, 2019 at 12:37 AM

 

Beck, I think the visualization aspect of planning anything is more important than lists or checklists.  I don’t use calendars, DropTask and OmniFocus 3 as a “system” or (ugh) “workflow”.  I prefer to have an eidetic sense of the future.  I suppose everyone does this.  The future is a sort of gestalt comprising chunks of color, emotion, weight which I can identify with specific actions or personal plans, etc.  Calendars are a 2d projection of this.  I use Fantastical only because I have a number of Keyboard Maestro macros built for Fantastical that speed up entry on the calendar of specific kinds or colors of blocks.  DropTask is fun because it provides various colorful views of actions that need attention — and, via a Google calendar that is shared between DropTask and Fantastical, I can add things to one app that show up in the other.  OmniFocus 3 is just a necessary evil — the most boring software I’ve ever used.  But, lists of words drive me to distraction, but I’d rather write things down and forget them then try to remember boring obligations.  OF will poke me at the right time, otherwise it keeps quiet.

Beck wrote:
Paul Korm wrote:
>>3. Scheduling :: Fantastical 2 and DropTask (feeds Google ->
>>Fantastical)
>>4. Task Management :: OmniFocus 3 and DropTask
> >Paul, have you written (or can you say more) about how you use Drop Task
>in combo w/Fantastical & Omnifocus?
> >

 


Pages:  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >  Last ›

Back to topic list