Outliner Software Forum RSS Feed Forum Posts Feed

Subscribe by Email

CRIMP Defined

 

MyPersonalProductivity

 

Notion.io is my new favorite

< Next Topic | Back to topic list | Previous Topic >

Pages:  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > 

Posted by MadaboutDana
Nov 4, 2018 at 07:47 AM

 

Ha, yes, the “Board of Directors” test! Good luck with that - senior managers are undoubtedly the best/worst possible testing group of all!

I’ve tried so many solutions for client extranets that have fallen by the wayside because, despite initial enthusiasm, the client has never actually got around to using the concept (or fully understanding it).

Somewhat to my surprise, the system that’s recently been successfully adopted by a bunch of Brits in France involved in an anti-Brexit group—so a very varied range of users—is Samepage (samepage.io). After the success of this, I tried using Samepage as an extranet system with some colleagues, and they also hugely preferred it to e.g. Slack, Tipi and other “communication” platforms.

Why was I surprised? Because Samepage is actually quite sophisticated (even though they’ve dumbed it down since it was known as Kerio Workspace); I wasn’t expecting users to get to grips with it as fast as (most of them) have done. The chat feature has been especially popular.

Samepage is a very useful platform for small groups; the “Free” option is perfectly adequate if you’re not exchanging vast quantities of information. Although 10 pages sounds like a significant limitation, they are web pages, not Word pages, so you can fit an awful lot of information onto a page (if you want to).

Cheers,
Bill

 


Posted by Stephen Zeoli
Nov 4, 2018 at 12:06 PM

 

Hi, Bill,

Ironically, the collaboration software I was referring to, which my board didn’t get on board (sorry for the pun) with, was Samepage. I liked it, as did a few other members of the board. I do think it was the most comprehensible (as well as pretty comprehensive) solution, and that was three or four years ago—it has probably only gotten better. The kind people at Samepage even gave us a free subscription, because we were a small nonprofit.

Steve

MadaboutDana wrote:
Ha, yes, the “Board of Directors” test! Good luck with that - senior
>managers are undoubtedly the best/worst possible testing group of all!
> >I’ve tried so many solutions for client extranets that have fallen by
>the wayside because, despite initial enthusiasm, the client has never
>actually got around to using the concept (or fully understanding it).
> >Somewhat to my surprise, the system that’s recently been successfully
>adopted by a bunch of Brits in France involved in an anti-Brexit group
>—so a very varied range of users—is Samepage (samepage.io). After
>the success of this, I tried using Samepage as an extranet system with
>some colleagues, and they also hugely preferred it to e.g. Slack, Tipi
>and other “communication” platforms.
> >Why was I surprised? Because Samepage is actually quite sophisticated
>(even though they’ve dumbed it down since it was known as Kerio
>Workspace); I wasn’t expecting users to get to grips with it as fast as
>(most of them) have done. The chat feature has been especially popular.
> >Samepage is a very useful platform for small groups; the “Free” option
>is perfectly adequate if you’re not exchanging vast quantities of
>information. Although 10 pages sounds like a significant limitation,
>they are web pages, not Word pages, so you can fit an awful lot of
>information onto a page (if you want to).
> >Cheers,
>Bill

 


Posted by Stephen Zeoli
May 1, 2019 at 08:44 PM

 

Just wondering how folks are getting along with Notion. I just took another look at it after getting an upgrade (to version 2.5) notice from the developer. I was pleased to see that since the last time I checked, they have added a pretty decent Markdown export option. So just wondering if those who have liked it continue to like it.

Thanks.

Steve Z

 


Posted by Alessandro Vernet
May 1, 2019 at 09:15 PM

 

Stephen Zeoli wrote:
>Just wondering how folks are getting along with Notion. I just took
>another look at it after getting an upgrade (to version 2.5) notice from
>the developer.

I’m glad to see that Notion is being improved at fast pace. But I’m still waiting for Notion to support recurring reminders before giving it a serious try. It seems recurring reminders are “on their radar”… so who knows, we will maybe get that for 3.0.

https://twitter.com/NotionHQ/status/1044071518043496454

‑Alex

 


Posted by Stephen Zeoli
May 2, 2019 at 12:31 PM

 

You may already know this, but it is possible to embed an app like TickTick in a Notion page, so you can manage notes that way. Honestly, I have no idea if this is advantageous or not… which is how I feel about much of Notion, which looks impressive, but seems like it might be more work than it is worth.

Alessandro Vernet wrote:
Stephen Zeoli wrote:
>>Just wondering how folks are getting along with Notion. I just took
>>another look at it after getting an upgrade (to version 2.5) notice
>from
>>the developer.
> >I’m glad to see that Notion is being improved at fast pace. But I’m
>still waiting for Notion to support recurring reminders before giving it
>a serious try. It seems recurring reminders are “on their radar”…
>so who knows, we will maybe get that for 3.0.
> >https://twitter.com/NotionHQ/status/1044071518043496454
> >‑Alex

 


Pages:  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > 

Back to topic list