Outliner Software Forum RSS Feed Forum Posts Feed

Subscribe by Email

CRIMP Defined

 

MyPersonalProductivity

 

"Roam Research" -- New web-based personal wiki

< Next Topic | Back to topic list | Previous Topic >

Pages: ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >  Last ›

Posted by tightbeam
Dec 4, 2019 at 12:21 PM

 

Really ought to point out that NotePlan is Mac-only.

MadaboutDana wrote:
It’s worth mentioning, incidentally, that the exceptionally
>brilliant NotePlan supports wiki-style links and gives you a smart
>dropdown list of links as soon as you type your double-brackets. This
>combines with the automatic dropdown list of tags that appears as soon
>as you type a hashtag. Oh, and Eduard has just introduced smart folders
>(well, saved smart searches - effectively the same thing). The
>combination is awesomely powerful.
> >Eduard has also promised folding in the near future. He’s a gem!
> >For my personal task management, I’m a total convert to NotePlan.
>I mean I haven’t even been tempted by anything else for months!
> >Not least because you can edit NotePlan’s markdown notes (in both
>the Calendar and Notes categories) using any Markdown editor. So if
>you’re caught short without NotePlan, but have access to iCloud,
>you can change things directly. It also means all data is easily
>transferable elsewhere in the exceptionally unfortunate event that
>NotePlan suddenly ceases to exist.
> >Cheers!
>Bill

 


Posted by Beck
Dec 4, 2019 at 07:03 PM

 

I read the suggestion to use Nativefier with Roam over on Appademic and installed it last night. Not offline, mind, but I appreciate the ability to treat it as its own instance.

https://appademic.tech/how-to-turn-any-website-into-a-native-mac-app/

MenAgerie wrote:
I emailed Conor White-Sullivan at the end of October. He said a desktop
>version was “three to six months” away

 


Posted by Franz Grieser
Dec 4, 2019 at 10:09 PM

 

Beck wrote:
>I read the suggestion to use Nativefier with Roam over on Appademic and
>installed it last night. Not offline, mind, but I appreciate the ability
>to treat it as its own instance.

And where does the “nativefied” Roam store the data?

 


Posted by Beck
Dec 4, 2019 at 11:35 PM

 

Oh, it’s all completely web-app, same as in any browser window, just evoked through an “app” named “Roam.app” and running it its own instance so I can easily ⌘+Tab to it and the like. Sorry to be unclear.

Franz Grieser wrote:
Beck wrote:
>>I read the suggestion to use Nativefier with Roam over on Appademic and
>>installed it last night. Not offline, mind, but I appreciate the
>ability
>>to treat it as its own instance.
> >And where does the “nativefied” Roam store the data?

 


Posted by Franz Grieser
Dec 5, 2019 at 07:51 AM

 

Beck wrote:
>Oh, it’s all completely web-app, same as in any browser window, just
>evoked through an “app” named “Roam.app” and running it its own instance
>so I can easily ⌘+Tab to it and the like. Sorry to be unclear.

So: Your data are stored on the Roam server not on your local disk. Right?

 


Pages: ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >  Last ›

Back to topic list