Outliner Software Forum RSS Feed Forum Posts Feed

Subscribe by Email

CRIMP Defined

 

MyPersonalProductivity

 

Axon 2012 released

< Next Topic | Back to topic list | Previous Topic >

Pages:  1 2 > 

Posted by Lucas
Dec 31, 2011 at 09:58 PM

 

FYI, see here for the new version of Axon Idea Processor:

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~axon2000/axon2012.htm

I have not tried it yet.

Happy New Year

 


Posted by Pavi
Jan 2, 2012 at 08:00 AM

 

Hi Lucas,

Thanks, this looks like it may be THE solution that I was looking for!

My only question is whether the simulator is included in Axon2012 (says it is a separate product, but no such product is shown). $135 for a great software is fine, but it would be good to get the simulator as well. I’ll send them a mail and report back.

Are there any user opinions/reports on Axon2012?

Best,
/Pavi

 


Posted by Daly de Gagne
Jan 2, 2012 at 09:15 PM

 

Hey Lucas, I’ve always been kind of curious how Axon is different from mind mapping programs. Is it simply that it offers more alternatives to depict information graphically? What is the simulator?

You mention you see Axon as the solution you were looking for -  the solution to what?

I’m just curious, and have been fascinated by all the different examples which get posted on the Axon site.

Thanks.

Daly

Pavi wrote:
> >Hi Lucas,
> >Thanks, this looks like it may be THE solution that I was looking for!
> >My
>only question is whether the simulator is included in Axon2012 (says it is a separate
>product, but no such product is shown). $135 for a great software is fine, but it would
>be good to get the simulator as well. I’ll send them a mail and report back.
> >Are there
>any user opinions/reports on Axon2012?
> >Best,
>/Pavi

 


Posted by Pavi
Jan 4, 2012 at 07:58 AM

 

Hi Daly,

I guess I should have been more specific. There were some posts a while back about Flying Logic, Southbeach Modeller, etc. and these types of “visual software”, and each has pros and cons. For example, Flying Logic allows for individual weights of nodes to be adjusted. Southbeach lets you query the impact of changes on the whole network. Others allow for text analysis. However, I have found that all may lack the flexibility of designing a visual network with many different or mixed parameters.

I downloaded the Axon2012 trial version, and it includes a huge amount of demos. Put simply, I think that Axon can do much of what a lot of others can, and more. The simulator allows you to include formulae for node decisions and model how inputs and outputs are affected, with a nice little animation. It is a fantastic way to complement what I would do with coding, in order to see what I am actually trying to implement. It may also be a powerful tool for creating network relationships for research data. A strong point is that each node might access a text file with your data in chosen format, so that it need not be “loaded” into the program, per se, and instead acts as a processing center. Traditional mind mapping? It’s there. Language analysis (Analyzer)? There. Generator which uses rules to create text associations? Also included. 

In short, the tool is powerful and flexible. The graphics are a little less sophisticated than some others, and the learning curve may be slightly greater, but the rewards appear to be worth it. I highly recommend downloading the demo to test it.

ALSO: the author mailed me back and the simulator is included in Axon2012, so no worries there.

Best, /Pavi

Daly de Gagne wrote:
>Hey Lucas, I’ve always been kind of curious how Axon is different from mind mapping
>programs. Is it simply that it offers more alternatives to depict information
>graphically? What is the simulator?
> >You mention you see Axon as the solution you
>were looking for -  the solution to what?
>

 


Posted by Daly de Gagne
Jan 4, 2012 at 12:27 PM

 

Hey Pavi, thanks for your reply. I should have addressed my

Pavi wrote:
> >Hi Daly,
> >I guess I should have been more specific. There were some posts a while back
>about Flying Logic, Southbeach Modeller, etc. and these types of “visual software”,
>and each has pros and cons. For example, Flying Logic allows for individual weights of
>nodes to be adjusted. Southbeach lets you query the impact of changes on the whole
>network. Others allow for text analysis. However, I have found that all may lack the
>flexibility of designing a visual network with many different or mixed
>parameters.
> >I downloaded the Axon2012 trial version, and it includes a huge amount
>of demos. Put simply, I think that Axon can do much of what a lot of others can, and more.
>The simulator allows you to include formulae for node decisions and model how inputs
>and outputs are affected, with a nice little animation. It is a fantastic way to
>complement what I would do with coding, in order to see what I am actually trying to
>implement. It may also be a powerful tool for creating network relationships for
>research data. A strong point is that each node might access a text file with your data
>in chosen format, so that it need not be “loaded” into the program, per se, and instead
>acts as a processing center. Traditional mind mapping? It’s there. Language
>analysis (Analyzer)? There. Generator which uses rules to create text
>associations? Also included. 
> >In short, the tool is powerful and flexible. The
>graphics are a little less sophisticated than some others, and the learning curve may
>be slightly greater, but the rewards appear to be worth it. I highly recommend
>downloading the demo to test it.
> >ALSO: the author mailed me back and the simulator is
>included in Axon2012, so no worries there.
> >Best, /Pavi
> >Daly de Gagne wrote:
>>Hey
>Lucas, I’ve always been kind of curious how Axon is different from mind mapping
> >>programs. Is it simply that it offers more alternatives to depict information
> >>graphically? What is the simulator?
>>
>>You mention you see Axon as the solution
>you
>>were looking for -  the solution to what?
>>

 


Pages:  1 2 > 

Back to topic list