Outliner Software Forum RSS Feed Forum Posts Feed

Subscribe by Email

CRIMP Defined

 

MyPersonalProductivity

 

InfoSelect Discussion Interesting

< Next Topic | Back to topic list | Previous Topic >

Pages:  < 1 2 3 > 

Posted by Manfred
Sep 30, 2009 at 10:23 PM

 

I could not agree more. If they went back to something like the first version for Windows (at a reasonable price), I would find a use for it.

Manfred

 


Posted by Daly de Gagne
Sep 30, 2009 at 11:29 PM

 

Yes, it is true that there is a backup forum. The chap who started it, though, made it clear he hoped it would not be necessary, and said he wasn’t wanting people to join it now. In other words, he was wanting - and dare I say, hopeful - that the existing forum would suffice.

Jim asked people to use the group polling mechanism to say whether he should stay or go; a third option, not offered, would be staying, but not as moderator. Nonetheless, an overwhelming number of those voting, including myself, have said Jim should stay.

As to whether there has been censorship or not, I haven’t seen clear evidence of it. I believe there has not been.

Jim has at times seemed a little arrogant, or my way or the highway, in stating what kinds of posts he would like.

Yet, to his credit, he allows the discussion to continue.

I think, first and foremost, that Jim may be a software programmer in terms of how he approaches things - everything very precise, to the point, quantified if possible, and as such it may be that, like the folks at Kinook, his appreciation of the relational side of running a business and communicating in the market is lacking. However, unlike the folks at Kinook, his product is a bit of a shambles, while UltraRecall seems to improve with each go-around.

If my speculations are correct, Jim may not have a sense of how tone impacts people, or of the nuances that are important in the gentle dance of customer relations. I honestly believe he is shocked at the degree of disgruntlement he is witnessing on the group, though it seems to me everyone is trying to be very constructive and positive in their approach. That is why I wonder to what extent other(s) may have been running IS, the degree to which they were sensitive to issues, and just how comprehensive and objective were the data being reported back to Jim.

When you say, Manfred, “all in all not a pretty picture,” I think that may be overstatement, at least as far as the group is concerned.

It could be that within Microlog itself, it is not a pretty picture, but I have seen no evidence of that other than it would seem Yuri has is no longer there, and some years ago a public relations consultant was hired, and he too apparently is not there.  But it is one thing to cite those two facts, and another to infer a meaning from them. We do know, however, that at the time Yuri was there, and at which the consultant was hired,IS already had issues.

After years of being very critical of Microlog and IS, I am trying to take a positive tack, because I respect Jim for coming forward, however belatedly, and it’s my nature to give the benefit of the doubt when there is a change in the pattern.

Daly

Manfred wrote:
>I gave up on InfoSelect long ago, but have kept an interest in developments having to do
>with the program. In any case, not everyone sees the developments in the Forum
>involving Jim Lewis positively. Apparently, there has been censorship since he
>“took over.”
> >There is even a back-up Forum to be used, if censorship becomes
>intolerable.
> >Take a look at this
>Jhttp://www.donationcoder.com/Forums/bb/index.php?topic=19996.0
> >All in
>all, not a pretty picture ... I think.
> >Manfred

 


Posted by Daly de Gagne
Sep 30, 2009 at 11:33 PM

 

I think you’re right.

It seems that Zoot, with all of its enhanced capabilities, especially with regard to email. saving and displaying web pages, an internal browser, etc., may end up capturing the market that IS could have had.

Certainly, Evernote has come to be a major player in the note market.

And I think that Surfulater’s capabilities have been under recognized by the market.

Daly

Stephen Zeoli wrote:
>It will be interesting to see how “improved” InfoSelect 10 is. In the past, each
>improvement made the application worse… more bogged down with stupid and
>ill-conceived features. It should have stayed an inexpensive note program and it
>could have ruled the universe.
> >Steve Z. 

 


Posted by Manfred
Oct 1, 2009 at 12:29 AM

 

I don’t know either whether there was censorship?only that there are people who think there was (and that someone went through the trouble of creating a backup forum).

As I said, I have long given up on InfoSelect and look at it from afar, but it does not look pretty ... or, at the very least, it does not look inviting. And I did add “... I think” after “All in all, not a pretty picture” (which does make a difference as far as “exaggeration” goes, I think).

 


Posted by Daly de Gagne
Oct 1, 2009 at 01:04 AM

 

Manfred, I don’t think we disagree.

I think, if I were to give an opinion based on darn little evidence, that things are probably not pretty within Micrologic.

What I was trying to do was suggest that the picture of the group and the picture of Micrologic, which we can known only indirectly and through inference, are different.

It’ll be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

Daly

Manfred wrote:
>I don’t know either whether there was censorship?only that there are people who think
>there was (and that someone went through the trouble of creating a backup forum).
> >As
>I said, I have long given up on InfoSelect and look at it from afar, but it does not look
>pretty ... or, at the very least, it does not look inviting. And I did add “... I think”
>after “All in all, not a pretty picture” (which does make a difference as far as
>“exaggeration” goes, I think).
> >
> > 

 


Pages:  < 1 2 3 > 

Back to topic list