Outliner Software Forum RSS Feed Forum Posts Feed

Subscribe by Email

MyPersonalProductivity

 

What happened to Storybook?

< Next Topic | Back to topic list | Previous Topic >

Pages:  1 2 3 > 

Posted by pereh
Oct 14, 2013 at 05:21 PM

 

This weekend I started Storybook 4 (http://www.novelist.ch/joomla/) and got the message that my pro version is no longer valid, and the software changed back to the free version. All internet addresses of novelist / Intertec do not work anymore. On bitsdujour, another user complained about this problem, too. Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks,
Peter.

 


Posted by Dr Andus
Oct 14, 2013 at 06:04 PM

 

pereh wrote:
This weekend I started Storybook 4 (http://www.novelist.ch/joomla/) and
>got the message that my pro version is no longer valid, and the software
>changed back to the free version. All internet addresses of novelist /
>Intertec do not work anymore. On bitsdujour, another user complained
>about this problem, too. Does anyone know what is going on?

Hm, very strange. I thought I had both Storybook 4 Pro and 3.2 Pro installed on my system, but when I click on the shortcuts, it says something along the lines of

“The item ‘javaw.exe’ shortcut has been changed or moved, do you want to delete it?”

I don’t remember uninstalling them… I paid good money for both…

 


Posted by Dr Andus
Oct 14, 2013 at 06:27 PM

 

Dr Andus wrote:
>Hm, very strange. I thought I had both Storybook 4 Pro and 3.2 Pro
>installed on my system, but when I click on the shortcuts, it says
>something along the lines of
> >“The item ‘javaw.exe’ shortcut has been changed or moved, do you want to
>delete it?”

I’ve updated Java and reinstalled both versions of the software and now they seem to work. I also get the “you don’t have a valid licence” message, but when I’m running the software, it seems to me that the Pro features are available.

So I’m wondering if the message simply happens because their website is down and some kind of an online validation of the licence is not happening (?)

 


Posted by pereh
Oct 18, 2013 at 12:51 PM

 

Now the domain ‘novelist.ch’ is for sale.So the message when starting Storybook does not appear any more, because the site is up again. But obviously, the software has been discontinued.

 


Posted by Dr Andus
Oct 18, 2013 at 01:28 PM

 

pereh wrote:
Now the domain ‘novelist.ch’ is for sale.So the message when starting
>Storybook does not appear any more, because the site is up again. But
>obviously, the software has been discontinued.

And we’re now proud owners of a bit of software history ;)

At least the software works. I’m a bit worried now about what happens with some of my other software that require online activation, in the not entirely unlikely case that the vendor/developer one day disappears off the face of the earth…

 


Pages:  1 2 3 > 

Back to topic list