Outliner Software Forum RSS Feed Forum Posts Feed

Subscribe by Email

CRIMP Defined

 

MyPersonalProductivity

 

Scrivener 3 is on the way…

< Next Topic | Back to topic list | Previous Topic >

Pages:  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >  Last ›

Posted by Lothar Scholz
Oct 4, 2017 at 11:57 AM

 

Another programmer here. OSX software was terrible for development and the restrictions were high compared to windows until around Yosemite/2010.  I would say that the first OSX you could really use for writing software was 10.5 (after MacOS 7.5 totally lost the technology war against Win95 in 1995).

Microsoft now lost after almost 10 years of a total confusing strategy of constant creation and abandoning of so many short living technologies for desktop development.  Today they are stuck because they don’t wont do anything that could encourage people to continue using Windows 7 and the insane restrictions that sandboxed Universal Window Apps have.

 


Posted by Dr Andus
Oct 4, 2017 at 03:30 PM

 

Lothar Scholz wrote:
>Microsoft don’t wont
>do anything that could encourage people to continue using Windows 7

Yet almost everything I read about Windows 8, RT, 10 encouraged me to stick with Win7…
 

 


Posted by Franz Grieser
Oct 4, 2017 at 04:00 PM

 

Lothar Scholz wrote:
>Today they are stuck because they don’t wont
>do anything that could encourage people to continue using Windows 7

My impression is: They want people to move over to Windows 10 and not stick with oder version.

 


Posted by Pierre Paul Landry
Oct 4, 2017 at 04:14 PM

 

Dr Andus wrote:
>Yet almost everything I read about Windows 8, RT, 10 encouraged me to stick with Win7…

I moved to Windows 10 just before the end of the free upgrade. Works like a charm and I wouldn’t go back to anything else.

Pierre Paul Landry
IQ Designer
http://www.infoqube.biz

 


Posted by Paul Korm
Oct 4, 2017 at 05:24 PM

 

Same here.  I’ve found Windows 10 to be pretty stable—having used it since day one of its release—Windows 7 was fine also—the transition from 7 to 10 was seamless.

Pierre Paul Landry wrote:
Dr Andus wrote:
>>Yet almost everything I read about Windows 8, RT, 10 encouraged me to
>stick with Win7…
> >I moved to Windows 10 just before the end of the free upgrade. Works
>like a charm and I wouldn’t go back to anything else.
> >Pierre Paul Landry
>IQ Designer
>http://www.infoqube.biz
>

 


Pages:  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >  Last ›

Back to topic list